Barista & Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
|Course Name||Barista & Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)|
Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to extract and serve espresso coffee beverages using commercial espresso machines. It requires the ability to advise customers on coffee beverages, select and grind coffee beans, prepare and assess espresso coffee beverages and to use, maintain and clean espresso machines. Complex repairs of equipment would be referred to specialist service technicians.
On completion, participants receive a Certificate of Participation. If students wish to receive a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment, they must also complete Food Safety Level 1 (SITXFSA101 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety).
Participants learn how to:
- Organise the coffee workstation
- Select and grind coffee beans
- Advise customers on espresso coffee beverages
- Extract and monitor quality of espresso
- Texture milk
- Serve espresso coffee beverages
- Clean espresso equipment
Participants are expected to have basic language, literacy and numeracy skills in order to successfully complete the course.
- Venue: RGIT Australia, 28-32 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
- Method: This is a classroom-based course that combines lecture, group discussion and workplace simulation using RGIT’s commercially-fitted coffee room.
Participants are be required to prepare a variety of espresso coffee beverages under the supervision of our trainer and be evaluated on the taste and appeal of their work. There may be written and oral questioning to assess knowledge of types of espresso beverages, types of beans, blends and roasts, preparation methods for espresso coffee. They are required to show competence in basic maintenance and cleaning methods for espresso grinders and machines.
The unit incorporates the knowledge requirements, under state and territory liquor licensing law, for employees engaged in the sale or service of alcohol.
Participants will learn:
- How to serve or sell alcohol responsibly
- How to assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- How to assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- How to refuse to provide alcohol.
- Venue: RGIT Australia, Level 6, 28-32 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
- Method: This is a classroom-based course that combines lecture, group discussion and workplace simulation.
A range of assessment methods may be used to assess the practical skills and knowledge of participants required to sell or serve alcohol responsibly including: role plays, case studies, problem-solving activities, written or oral questioning to assess the knowledge of legislation and other competencies in this unit.
Inquiries or Book now
Please email email@example.com or call (03) 8639 9000.